Friday, February 22, 2008

Statement of Purpose

I have decided to make a simple blog in which I will post any reflections that happen to occur to me on various Hadith of the Prophet Muhammad (Allah bless him and give him peace). This is not a commentary; for that, we must turn to the rightly guided scholars of Islam, who devoted their lives to collating and explaining the Prophetic Hadith and the lessons and rulings that can be derived therefrom. Rather, these are nothing but reflections on what these Hadith mean to me personally, and what I have heard from others. In this way, I hope to do my best to follow the words of the well-known Hadith: 'A moment's reflection is better than seventy years of worship.'

1 comment:

Unknown said...

AssalamuAlikum Sidi Khalid

Thank you for the posts.

I visited Fes last month and also met Shaykh Al-Haddat and I am interested to learn more. I live in London.

Jzk!
Nasima